Mental health and well being is important for everyone however it is especially important for startups, founders, leaders, entrepreneurs and aspiring ones who are running or planning to run a business or are part of one.
It is important to prioritize your mental well-being in order to be agile, innovative and successful. All these above three things are critical and important in a fast paced world of hustle and getting things done.
Hardly we dont have extra time to thing and evaluate in what conditions we are and it is important that we take a step back and think and organizse what is critical for our mental and physical well being.
Some of the key benefits of good mental well-being for startups, founders, and leaders could include the following –
- Improved & Informed decision-making: When you are mentally well, you are better able to think clearly and make sound decisions.
- Increased creativity: Mental well-being is also important for creativity. When you are mentally well, you are more open to new ideas and more able to think outside the box.
- Reduced stress: The startup world can be very stressful, but mental well-being can help to reduce stress levels. When you are mentally well, you are better able to cope with stress and setbacks.
- Improved relationships: Mental well-being is also important for relationships. When you are mentally well, you are better able to communicate with others and build strong relationships.
Read more about Spiritual Entrepreneurship: Everything You Need To Know
It is important to prioritise your mental well-being at any point of time specially when you are at a leadership level or a CXO or even for that matter an aspiring entrepreneur. Here are some tips that might help you over a period of time both in life and work –
- Get enough sleep everyday: Sleep is essential for both physical and mental health. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
- Eat a good and healthy diet: Eating a healthy diet will give you the energy you need to power through your day. Avoid processed foods and sugary drinks.
- Exercise regularly if you can: Exercise is a great way to reduce stress and improve your mood. Aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise most days of the week.
- Take frequent breaks: It is important to take breaks throughout the day, even if it is just for a few minutes. Get up and move around, or step outside for some fresh air.
- Network: Connect with others. Spend time with people who make you feel good. Talk to friends, family, or a therapist about what you are going through.
If you are struggling with your mental well-being, please reach out for help. There are many resources available to you, including therapists, counselors, and support groups.
You can connect with experts here.
Talk to Our Experts
One more important thing for you to know as a startup, founder, entrepreneur, leader or an aspiring entrepreneur if how to manage workload and balance that work life equation.
There is nothing like too much work. It is just the way you want to handle your workload balance in life. The smarter of the lot ensure that the work load is balanced evenly with their schedules and is done on time in an evently fashion.
There is one small caveat though which the smartest of the leaders follow.
The power of saying “No” to things which do not fall in to the priority bucket.
So what is a priority bucket if you want to ask ?
Lets dig a little deeper into understanding what are these three types of buckets that you should ideally have when you want to create a better work performance at office or in life.
- Bucket 1: High Priority Bucket
- Bucket 2: Medium Priority Bucket
- Bucket 3: Low Prirotity Bucket
- Anything that is very urgent and very important falls into the bucket one.
- Anything that is not urgent but very important falls into the bucket two.
- Anything that is neither urgent nor important falls into bucket three.
Explore more about Boss Bitch: How To Successfully Overcome The Challenges Women Leaders Face
Remember not to pick up anything from bucket three first.
- For bucket 1 – The thumb rule is that you need to take directions, timelines, deadlines for bucket one which is high priority and very urgent from your team, peers, bosses, critical stakeholders.
- For bucket 2 – you decide your own timelines without anyone giving it to you and make sure they are in sync with the timelines and delivery. This creates an onus on you how you want to approach bucket 2 with your own deadlines and timelines.
- For bucket 3 – you do not discuss and waste time on the spot. You basically get that done whenever you get time and bandwidth to get things done.
The biggest fault in getting things done or in the process of balancing the workload, we keep discussing and fighting over bucket 3 which is not the critical path for our workload.
Explore Our Self-paced Courses
Once your priorities are set for your work both in business, work or in life we get to understand how things are to be seen from a close perspective.
Mental health also becomes crucial when you need to think openly and through a wide canvas for innovation and creative outputs. This is the most important thing that you need to take care of as a leader, founder, startup, enterprise employee or an aspiring entrepreneur.
Its never late to connect with an expert if you are burdened with mental stress and not feeling upto the mark and take intervention from experts who might help you in that time of the journey to bounce back in life or work.
Again here are some experts that might help you in your journey, feel free to connect with them and take the right route.
Hoping that you have a splendid journey ahead.
Godspeed success to you.
Global CMO, United We Care