Free Deep Sleep Hypnosis: Resources
The advancement of technology has brought significant changes to our lives over the years. Mental health problems such as anxiety, phobias, abnormal spontaneous behaviours, and sleep disorders have become increasingly common in this superfast world. Hypnosis can treat such conditions by calming an overactive and overstimulated mind.
What is Deep Sleep Hypnosis?
Deep sleep hypnosis is an assistive treatment that utilises hypnotherapy to treat sleep disorders. A person with sleep problems often finds it difficult to fall asleep or has excessive daytime sleepiness. Sleep hypnosis is an adjunctive procedure used as part of a treatment plan designed to alter the sufferer’s sleep patterns. The treatment primarily focuses on increasing time spent in deep sleep to improve the sleep cycle for better health. Sleep hypnosis does not make someone fall asleep. Instead, it alters negative thoughts — stress, anxiety, and so on — to ensure relaxed and sound sleep.
In deep sleep hypnosis, a hypnotherapist helps the patient relax by providing verbal cues, either in person or through audio recordings. This therapy helps achieve a trance-like state in which the individual can easily drift off to sleep. Deep sleep hypnosis allows the recipient to rest while remaining subconsciously awake.
The Benefits of Deep Sleep Hypnosis
Good quality sleep is essential for physical and mental health and well-being. From research, we know that deep sleep hypnosis effectively treats difficulties in sleeping in adults and children. Hypnotherapy improves:
- Openness: A person may remain aware subconsciously during a session. They might even be able to converse throughout the session. In some cases, the patient may feel relaxed and carefree about their surroundings, allowing them to address their problems without hesitation.
- Focus: Hypnotherapy sessions help one detach from everyday distractions. They turn one away from daily stressors, allowing the individual to remain calm in the present.
- Relaxation: During hypnotherapy, patients often feel entirely relaxed and calm down as they have a stressed and preoccupied mind.
The method of deep sleep hypnosis helps treat many health conditions that result from insomnia. Hypnosis is a supporting treatment strategy for conditions such as:
- Fatigue due to lack of sleep
- Multiple sclerosis and related sleeping problems
- Sleep bruxism or teeth grinding while sleeping
- Lower back pain issues
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) leads to sleep difficulties
- Irritable bowel syndrome
Resources for Deep Sleep Hypnosis
Quality sleep is essential to leading a healthy lifestyle. To overcome sleep deprivation through deep sleep hypnosis, consider the following apps and books:
- Hypnobox: This designed self-hypnosis app helps one achieve a deep state of relaxation. It induces a deeply relaxed state of mind, allowing the individual to listen to suggestions calmly. The app utilises audio tracks of vocals and soothing music.
- Harmony: The Harmony hypnosis app provides easy access to deep sleep hypnosis and meditation at the fingertips. It uses verbal mantras and calming music to help the individual focus on the present while decreasing stress and building inner strength and confidence.
- Rapid Deep Sleep Hypnosis: This audiobook contains stories designed to help people relax and sleep well at night. It also includes lullabies for adults to encourage stress-free sleep gently.
Resources for relaxation and mental well-being!
Good health involves holistically nurturing one’s mental, physical, and social well-being. The following websites and apps offer easy and convenient strategies to strengthen mental and emotional health:
- Happify: This app focuses on enhancing emotional well-being by offering science-based activities and games. It helps overcome stress, anxiety, and excessive negative thoughts. Scientists and experts have explored the app on extensive research on human psychology and cognitive behavioural therapy.
- Smiling Mind: A user-friendly app for stress management and mental well-being, Smiling Mind provides multiple meditation sessions and mindfulness activities suitable for all ages. It is freely available and downloadable from the App Store on iOS or the Google Play Store on Android.
- Mind Gauge: This app analyses a person’s working habits and measures focus, stress levels, and mindfulness. Designed based on extensive scientific research, it helps users monitor and tracks their mental well-being through statistics.
Resources for managing pain and stress!
Stress caused by work pressure, family stress, or chronic pain is entirely every day. Stress also contributes to increased physical pain. It is, therefore, essential to managing stress for one’s peace of mind and body. Here are some apps that can quickly and conveniently help manage stress and pain:
- Sleep Cycle App: Stress makes maintaining a healthy and consistent sleep cycle difficult. However, the Sleep Cycle app makes innovative sound analysis to study a person’s sleep states, notifying them to wake up at the most efficient time to feel well-rested.
- Jellyfish Meditation: California’s Monterey Bay Aquarium’s breathtaking Morning MeditOceans app offers a guided meditation tour of their jellyfish tanks along with breathing exercises.
- Calming Music Playlist: Music can be an excellent stress buster. The American audio production company NPR offers a six-hour playlist designed to destress its listeners. It includes songs from many genres, from folk and ambient music to hip-hop and jazz.
How to get free Deep Sleep Hypnosis resources
In general, the cost of deep sleep hypnosis therapy is high, ranging from $50-$275. However, hypnotherapy for insomnia is easily accessible at the touch of a screen, thanks to immense strides in technology. Free apps available on the Apple Store and the Play Store offer convenient and easy access to hypnosis therapy. Some of these resources include:
- Harmony Hypnosis App
- Sleep Cycle
- Sleep As for Android
- Sleep Sounds
- Relax Melodies: Sleep Sounds
- Pillow Automatic Sleep Tracker
- Slumber: Fall Asleep, Insomnia
- White Noise Lite
- Sleep Tracker++
To wrap things up!
Insomnia is an unavoidable but grave consequence of our busy and stressful lives. However, prolonged sleeplessness and deprivation can affect a person’s health seriously. Therefore, it is crucial to overcome unhealthy sleep habits as soon as possible. Deep sleep hypnosis is one such effective technique for stress management and creating healthy sleep cycles. It can be accessed physically, through a medical expert, or with the help of free deep sleep hypnosis resources such as apps and books.
United We Care is a platform that focuses on improving individuals’ mental health and well-being. It aims to support people through stress, anxiety, and insomnia by providing online counselling from qualified and experienced professionals. Learn more about the diverse range of issues they can offer help with here.