Are you or someone you know is addicted to drugs, alcohol, or any other substance, practice, or habit? People who fall prey to addiction often believe that they can manage their dependencies. However, the reality is vice-versa. Addiction will stretch its clandestine clutches in your body, affecting your health and quality of living.
So, finally, if you have decided to seek help to get rid of abusing substances, find an experienced and licensed Addiction Therapist in your area. Regardless of how willing you are, you need the service of an excellent therapist to tackle your addiction effectively. Seeing a professional may seem a big deal to you, owing to the taboos associated with mental health. However, you should take this step for yourself and the people who love you and live with and around you.
Who is an Addiction Therapist?
Addiction therapist is an umbrella term of various sub-specialities like addiction psychiatrists, addiction psychologists, professional counsellors, and social workers.
Addiction therapists play a crucial role in supporting people to get over their addictions.
An addiction psychiatrist is a medical professional who treats people with addictive habits and other mental health concerns, basically, with the help of medications, including antipsychotics, antidepressants, and other medicines to treat comorbidities (if any). Some psychiatrists work closely with other addiction therapists to help you recover, while some do not prescribe medications in the first go. Instead, they observe your behavioural patterns in the first place.
An addiction psychologist aims to treat mental health problems. They can make you more aware of how detrimental addiction can be. They help you understand your thoughts and behaviours and learn various ways of dealing with your addiction. The approaches they are likely to leverage include CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy), family training, talk therapy, and motivational therapy, among others.
In simple words, addiction therapists help you throughout your treatment and recovery process and after-care to the best of their abilities.
Our Wellness Programs
English, Hindi, Bengali
Addiction Therapy Is Effective, Affordable, And Necessary
Let us take a look at what the stats depict:
Around 43 per cent of people who visit a drug rehab centre complete their treatment tenure successfully. And the other 16 per cent are moved to another facility for additional treatments.
Approximately 76%, 69%, and 70% of people with alcohol addiction who go to rehab complete their course of treatment remain sober even after three months, six months, and nine months, respectively.
Looking for services related to this subject? Get in touch with these experts today!!
Experience: 5 years
Experience: 12 years
Experience: 19 years
Aren’t these statistics about Addiction Therapy uplifting?
The National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) says – effective addiction therapy should go beyond stopping a person from using drugs and alcohol and helping them stay addiction-free. An effective treatment plan should make sure to focus on the following goals:
- Making the person productive in their family life
- Helping them become able to contribute to their work
- And making them confident to be social
As far as the cost of addiction therapy is concerned, it may vary from one service provider to the other. However, you can expect cost-effectivity at a reputed and patient-friendly healthcare facility. Moreover, if you compare the price against the benefits, it is indeed a crucial investment.
So, in light of the statistics and benefits it brings, it is evident that Addiction Therapy is effective, affordable, and necessary.
How to find an Addiction Therapist?
Now that you know what an addiction therapist does and how effective addiction therapy is, the next task is to look for an addiction therapist.
Finding an Addiction Therapist can be a little intimidating for you if you have no clear idea about the same. Here are some tips for you. Hopefully, these will help you find someone who fits your requirements.
- You can look for an addiction psychiatrist and psychologist online and offline. Various websites feature the names and contact details of addiction professionals. So, you can easily find some of the best ones in your area.
- you can also seek word-of-the-mouth recommendations from your family or a local physician, your friend, and family members.
- Once you have obtained enough information about professionals practising in your area, you should do your homework by doing the following things:
- Check the credentials, license, and expertise of the professionals. Ensure that the one you intend to choose is certified and members with relevant bodies, such as the American Psychological Association (Division 50) Society of Addiction Psychology.
- Check reviews and patient testimonials.
- Leaf through the websites of the addiction therapists to get a clear insight into their services and expertise.
Benefits Of Addiction Therapy
Addiction therapy can help you in many ways. The American Psychiatric Association (APA) highlights the following benefits:
- It boosts confidence and self-esteem while reducing reliance on different substances and habits.
- Addiction therapy helps you manage stress and anxiety.
- It helps learn various coping skills for handling mental health concerns.
- It allows the users to understand different behaviours and develop social skills. So, if you feel isolated and alone, you can benefit a lot from this treatment plan.
- Addiction therapy also lets users identify different triggers.
Whether you are undergoing an individual or group addiction therapy plan, it will help you get rid of negative and procrastinating thoughts and embrace positivity to help you feel good physically, mentally, and emotionally. The better you feel, the less you will depend on your addictions and gradually become addiction-free. The concept is pretty simple and to the point.
Dear reader, accepting that you require help is not an easy feat. However, if you want to overcome addiction and get back to your everyday life, it is one of the wisest things to do. Instead of letting substance abuse or any other addiction destroy all you have, you should take the leap of faith and find a good addiction therapist. Therefore, you should not feel embarrassed when finding an addiction therapist.
With United We Care, a leading mental health portal, you can find many certified addiction therapists and mental health counsellors to help you overcome your addiction and live a happy life.