Eliana Gil | Social Worker
I have been providing counseling services for the last 20 years working with teenagers and adults for parental guidance. I have worked in a wide variety of settings over the years and have a lot of experience with Anxiety, Depression, ADHD (and parental guidance) and Eating Disorders. I provide an empathetic and nurturing environment, and take a practical, problem-solving approach to counseling. I find it an honor to walk closely with individuals through any challenges they are going through, and working together with them to find better coping skills, hope, understanding and strength.
About My Family
I am married, and have 3 children.
About My Professional Experience
· Providing individual Psychotherapy for adults and adolescents,
– Dealing with pain, depression, anxiety and emotional distress
· Conducting Psychological Pre-screening interviews, Assessments, and reports for MVA clients.
· Performing clinical interviewing, administered psychometrics, and prepared official diagnostic reports (under supervision of a registered psychologist).
· Implementing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy techniques on issues such as Stress Management, Bereavement/Grief, Depression, Anxiety, Trauma, Family dynamics, Relationships, Workplace Bullying and Life Transitions
About My Fun Side
I have recently uploaded some videos to help parents who have children with ADHD. Hope you find them helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNOEU6Gr31s#2 Furthermore, I enjoy walking, dancing, reading, music and a good cup of tea 🙂